Bike mechanic Courses
You ride your bike every day, but how well do you know it? How is it built up? How to take care of it? How to diagnose technical problems? The CyCLO modules allow you to get a better overall understanding of your bike and how it works, while also learning how to use the necessary tools. We offer general introduction classes (1) as well as classes on specific bike parts and subjects (2) and courses on demand (3).
Bike mechanics, the basics 1 and 2
Is your bike one big mystery to you? What's that strange noise each time I pedal? Would you like to fix your bike yourself but you don't know where to start? This 2 courses allow you to fully enjoy your bike, maintain it and check its parts for wear.
- Basics 1: Get to know the vocabulary of each bicycle part, the content of a bike mechanic hobbyist toolkit and some tips and tricks of a pro. Finally face enemy number one of every bike tour: a puncture! How to prevent, fix or change an inner tube?
- Basics 2: Learn how to check your bike: noises, wear, dangers and the functioning of the transmission. Put your saddle on the right position and get ergonomic advice. Maybe, at the end there's still some time left to regulate or fix small issues on you bike, discovered during class.
When? Dutch: Tuesday, 5-7pm, English: Thursday, 5-7pm, French: Saturday, 11am-1pm
Where? Workshop Bockstael
Time to move on to specific bike parts or actions?
- Brakes (cabled rim brakes): Discover what type of brakes make your bike hold still when the traffic light turns red. Learn to understand their mechanics and become a true hero in replacing brake pads!
- Derailleurs (with cables): Discover what type of derailleur help you climbing that hill! Learn to understand its mechanics and become a true master in adjusting and replacing gear cables!
- Wheels: In this class you will get to know the most common types and sizes of rims, tyres and tubes and even learn how to change a spoke!
- Bearings (removable): Discover what a wheel bearing system is all about, why and where they are put on your bike and become a real expert of all those rings and balls!
- Fixing a puncture: Learn how to take off and put back a wheel and how to detect the very cause of your puncture...
- Bike diagnostics: Get an introduction to the most common mechanical problems and learn to do judge its general state.
When? On Tuesday and Thursday from 6 to 8pm and on Saturday from 10:30 till 12:30am
Where? Het Atelier Participatif
Registration is mandatory
€20 registration and payment on the spot
€22,17 online registration and payment
There are English, French and Dutch classes, so check the calendar!
Please note that there is no refund policy and no changes are made after 14 days before the course.